[IronPython] Issue Triage

Richard Nienaber rjnienaber at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:42:44 CET 2010

I've closed the following items:

precision not respected when formatting
strings<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/25763>
IsolateStorage.GetUserStoreForApplication throws SystemError in IronPython
2.6 <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26487>
ipy.exe doesn't set module __name__ correctly when -m is
used<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26516>
issues on very large method body (use
interpreter?)<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23989>

I think the following needs some further scrutiny before closing:

Write installation path to
Registry..<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/24613>
module globals are reported incorrectly to
sys.settrace<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26243>
Finish FunctionEnvironment
cleanup<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23992>
Unable to set value type's field even with the help of
StrongBox<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23998>

All issues have been tested in IronPython 2.6 and 2.7b1 and they seem to
exhibit the same behavior.

One issue that I think should be fixed for 2.7 is this one:

binder failed to make the choice when non-generic/generic methods have the
same signature <http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23999>

Since Python doesn't deal with generics I would think the least-surprise
outcome would be for the C# spec to be followed for overload resolution.

Richard