[IronPython] Chasing memory leak in IronPython scripts

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 18 18:23:52 CEST 2010

Also you might want to compare private bytes vs. the size of the GC heap
(in perfmon) to get an idea if it's an unmanaged or managed leak given
this is involving interop.

One possibility is also that the finalizer thread is being blocked from
cleaning up STA COM objects.  You could try running IronPython w/ the
-X:MTA option if you haven't as this frequently solves that problem.