[IronPython] Exception Performance

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 3 19:02:45 CEST 2010

Yup, I think you'll find the situation in IronPython 2.7A1 to be a bit better in this respect:
	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>type blah.py
	from System.Diagnostics import Stopwatch
	t = Stopwatch()

	try:
	    t.Start()
	    x = 1/0
	except Exception, e:
	    t.Stop()

	print t.Elapsed.TotalMilliseconds

	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.6\ipy.exe" blah.py
	2.6096

	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.6\ipy.exe" blah.py
	2.4518

	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.6\ipy.exe" blah.py
	2.4622

	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe" blah.py
	0.7887

	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe" blah.py
	0.7633

	D:\rft\vsl\dlr\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe" blah.py
	0.7683

Dave