[IronPython] IronPython/NWSGI 0-byte 200/404 response with HelloWorld?

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Sep 25 21:01:34 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:35:08PM -0600, Jeff Hardy wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Markus Törnqvist <mjt at nysv.org> wrote:
>> I configured for 1.0.0.0 as Properties of Microsoft.Scripting.DLL says and
>> 2.6.10920.0 for IronPython.dll.

>> AND IT WORKS! :)
>
>Good to know! (I haven't had time to respin NWSGI for RC1 yet -
>hopefully this weekend). Once IronPython 2.6 final and NWSGI 2.0 are
>released, all this version craziness should go away (for now).

Let's hope so, but it's been fun :)

>> (My only outstanding issue is now

>>  Line 9:          engine = __import__(settings.SESSION_ENGINE, {}, {}, [''])
>>  Line 10:         session_key =
>>  request.COOKIES.get(settings.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME, None)
>>  Line 11:         request.session = engine.SessionStore(session_key)
>>  Line 12:
>>  Line 13:     def process_response(self, request, response):

>> which is a Django error I'll have to fight with, hopefully it's not too bad :)
>
>Wht's the error, exactly? I've probably seen it before.

I haven't debugged this too much, yet, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

I certainly never had a settings.SESSION_ENGINE, and when I run CPython
and manage.py runserver elsewhere with tracing in the sources, I see it
default to django.contrib.sessions.backends.db

I probably need to sleep on this, I'm not getting where the magic
is happening, but in any case, it might also be that IronPython still
has import problems, because I've run this with CPython successfully...

I also found this django-aspnet thing, but its session store is apparently
just another backend, not anything that would fix this issue :/

>> Here are the configuration tags if they'd help anyone else.

[snip]

>I hope you don't mind:
>http://jdhardy.blogspot.com/2009/09/using-nwsgi-20-beta-2-with-ironpython.html.

Certainly not! :)

Hope just they work for everyone else, but I'm sure someone would say
if there are problems :)

Thanks!

--
mjt