[IronPython] How to get ToString() working, and questions about GetSysModule() and GetClrModule()

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 21 22:08:44 CEST 2009

I'm actually surprised this works.  In theory calling GetClrModule should never effect any other code.  In practice there's currently a bug in that we mark a default scope as having done import clr.  But you're executing the code in a newly created scope which should have its own setting as to whether or not import clr has happened; in general each scope tracks this independently of all other scopes and there can be as many scopes as you'd like.

Basically GetClrModule() and GetSysModule() are supposed to just be a convenience functions so that you can get the module objects and invoke methods against it using ObjectOperations.  Actually marking a module as having done "import clr" is just setting a bit on whatever Scope object the code is executing against.  And in this case you haven't done anything to mark _scope as having done an import clr.