[IronPython] IronPython/NWSGI 0-byte 200/404 response with HelloWorld?

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Sat Sep 19 17:54:25 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 05:23:21PM +0300, Markus T�rnqvist wrote:

>Unfortunately it's still broken; "The specified procedure could not be found."

[...]
>I'm thinking, do I need some sort of config for callable? Does Web.config
>get parsed and it's somehow broken in the example?

Finally found SOMETHING:
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/06/21/HOWTO_Diagnose_and_Fix_Common_ISAPI_Filter_Installation_Failures.aspx

"If your ISAPI DLL uses an API call that is not actually present on the target
OS, you can get this error. This is particularly insidious because you are
able to compile/link the DLL successfully, yet the DLL fails to load on an OS
which does not implement the API call you linked against.

For example, suppose your ISAPI uses the RegGetValue() API call introduced in
Windows Server SP1 (all platforms) and XP Pro x64. You download and use the
latest Microsoft Platform SDK, which contains the advapi32.lib and include
files for you to link and use RegGetValue(). Now, you try to run this ISAPI
DLL on XP Pro 32bit, which has an older version of advapi32.dll that as
documented, does not support RegGetValue(). The end result is error 127 since
your ISAPI DLL will be looking for advapi32.dll to provide the RegGetValue()
that it needs... which does not exist on XP Pro 32bit."

Was that DLL compiled and/or coded for, say, 2008 Server?-)

I'll see what I can do to investigate further, but this is starting to
go over my head, so all help is once again appreciated; thanks! :)

--
mjt