[IronPython] Many small objects and memory footprint

Patrick Deschênes patrick.deschenes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 21:59:47 CEST 2009

Hello,
I'm currently using IronPython to manage a big tree of small objects.
 Everything works as fine but the memory usage is really huge (about 6x
greater than the same program writtent in C#).  I assumed the memory usage
would be greater in dynamic language than in C#.  Since I really need to
have a small memory footprint, what strategy should I use to keep the memory
usage low.

NOTE:  There's many classes already written in python and I would really
like to keep using python, but I'm open to suggestion.

Patrick