[IronPython] Database Engine for Django on IronPython

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Oct 23 19:49:49 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:45:46AM -0600, Vernon Cole wrote:
>The sourceforge download will work out of the box on Iron Python, but it is
>missing a bunch of django special tweaks that they made after they forked
>off their own version -- which was *before* I added Iron Python support.  If
>you are serious about this project, I am willing to go to work to back port
>the django support code into the main fork of adodbapi.

Yeah, I am serious.

I make my (albeit meager) living off of Django, and being able to expand
business into the Windows world would be very helpful. Not only for me
but for everyone who's doing Django.

So it's not only me who'd be grateful, tho it seems I'm the only guy on
the list :>

PS.
That forking stuff might explain why I had to hack some seemingly random
stuff together, a hail-mary merge ;)

--
mjt