[IronPython] IronPython and PIL?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 18:26:32 CEST 2009

2009/10/23 Markus Törnqvist <mjt at nysv.org>:
> Hi!
>
> Clearly PIL doesn't exist for IronPython, right?
>
> I figured I'd debug the weird 404 behaviour with the debug server, but
> bumped into PIL not existing.
>
> I'm very surprised NWSGI/IIS allows the program to even start, as it
> doesn't start with runserver :/

It's very possible that runserver can get a little further along than
IIS - Django pushes things pretty hard and I haven't done a ton of
testing with IIS 6.

> Anyway, to the point:
> My application uses ImageFields in the code, so although I exchanged
> all my own PIL stuff for System.Drawing stuff through clr, I'm still
> using ImageField. Which clearly does not work.
>
> Does anyone know if there exists a clr/ironpython ImageField implementation
> that doesn't use PIL? A quick Google didn't turn up anything...

You might have to create your own (or patch Django to use
System.Drawing like your other email showed). I don't think anyone
else as gotten as far with Django as you have.

- Jeff