[IronPython] IronPython and PIL?

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Oct 23 13:49:30 CEST 2009

Hi!

Clearly PIL doesn't exist for IronPython, right?

I figured I'd debug the weird 404 behaviour with the debug server, but
bumped into PIL not existing.

I'm very surprised NWSGI/IIS allows the program to even start, as it
doesn't start with runserver :/

Maybe this is related to the 404s in some very roundabout way?

Anyway, to the point:
My application uses ImageFields in the code, so although I exchanged
all my own PIL stuff for System.Drawing stuff through clr, I'm still
using ImageField. Which clearly does not work.

Does anyone know if there exists a clr/ironpython ImageField implementation
that doesn't use PIL? A quick Google didn't turn up anything...

Thanks!

--
mjt