[IronPython] Using a struct from OpenMetaverse assembly

matan keret matan504 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:10:54 CET 2009

> Michael Wrote:
> Out of interest, why not:
>
>   clr.AddReference('OpenMetaverse')
>
> > true.. no reason really, i changed it now to use AddReference. What is
> the difference by the way?
>

>   OpenMeta = asm2.OpenMetaverse
>>
>>   dir(OpenMeta)
>>
>> > wasn't familier with that. it gave me:

dir(OpenMeta):
['AcceptAllCertificatePolicy', 'AccessDeniedReason', 'AccessList',
'AgentFlags',
 'AgentManager', 'AgentState', 'AgentThrottle', 'Animations',
'AppearanceManager
', 'AssetCache', 'AssetDownload', 'AssetManager', 'AssetUpload', 'Assets',
'Atta
chmentPoint', 'Avatar', 'AvatarGroup', 'AvatarManager',
'BinBVHAnimationReader',
 'BitPack', 'BuddyListEntry', 'Bumpiness', 'Caps', 'CapsEventDictionary',
'Chann
elType', 'ChatAudibleLevel', 'ChatSessionMember', 'ChatSourceType',
'ChatType',
'ClassifiedAd', 'ClickAction', 'CompressedFlags', 'CoordinateFrame',
'DeRezDesti
nation', 'DictionaryChangeCallback', 'DictionaryEventAction',
'DirectoryManager'
, 'EffectType', 'EstateAssetType', 'EstateTask', 'EstateTools',
'ExtraParamType'
, 'FaceType', 'FieldType', 'FriendInfo', 'FriendRights', 'FriendsManager',
'Gras
s', 'GridAgentLocation', 'GridClient', 'GridItem', 'GridItemType',
'GridLayer',
'GridLayerType', 'GridManager', 'GridRegion', 'Group',
'GroupAccountSummary', 'G
roupManager', 'GroupMember', 'GroupNotice', 'GroupNoticeList',
'GroupPowers', 'G
roupProposal', 'GroupRole', 'GroupRoleUpdate', 'GroupTitle', 'HandPose',
'Helper
s', 'HoleType', 'INetworkManager', 'ImageCodec', 'ImageDownload',
'ImageRequest'
, 'ImageType', 'Imaging', 'IncomingPacketIDCollection', 'InstantMessage',
'Insta
ntMessageDialog', 'InstantMessageOnline', 'Interfaces',
'InternalDictionary', 'I
nvalidOutfitException', 'Inventory', 'InventoryAnimation',
'InventoryAttachment'
, 'InventoryBase', 'InventoryCallingCard', 'InventoryCategory',
'InventoryExcept
ion', 'InventoryFolder', 'InventoryGesture', 'InventoryItem',
'InventoryItemFlag
s', 'InventoryLSL', 'InventoryLandmark', 'InventoryManager',
'InventoryNode', 'I
nventoryNodeDictionary', 'InventoryNotecard', 'InventoryObject',
'InventorySnaps
hot', 'InventorySortOrder', 'InventorySound', 'InventoryTexture',
'InventoryWear
able', 'JointType', 'LandingType', 'Logger', 'LoginParams',
'LoginResponseData',
 'LoginStatus', 'LookAtType', 'MapBlock', 'MapField', 'MapPacket',
'MappingType'
, 'Material', 'MeanCollisionType', 'Messages', 'MoneyTransactionType',
'NameValu
e', 'NetworkManager', 'NotConnectedException', 'ObjectCategory',
'ObjectManager'
, 'ObjectPoolBase', 'ObjectReturnType', 'ObjectUpdate',
'ObservableDictionary',
'PCode', 'PacketBufferPool', 'PacketEventDictionary', 'PacketFrequency',
'Packet
s', 'Parcel', 'ParcelAccessFlags', 'ParcelCategory', 'ParcelFlags',
'ParcelInfo'
, 'ParcelManager', 'ParcelMedia', 'ParcelMediaCommand', 'ParcelOverlayType',
'Pa
rcelPropertiesStatus', 'ParcelResult', 'ParcelStatus', 'PathCurve',
'PayPriceTyp
e', 'PermissionMask', 'PermissionWho', 'Permissions', 'PointAtType', 'Pool',
'Pr
imFlags', 'PrimType', 'Primitive', 'ProfileCurve', 'ProfileFlags',
'ProfilePick'
, 'ProtocolManager', 'RegionFlags', 'Rendering', 'ReportType',
'ScriptControlCha
nge', 'ScriptPermission', 'ScriptSensorTypeFlags', 'SculptType', 'Settings',
'Sh
ininess', 'SimAccess', 'Simulator', 'SoundFlags', 'SoundManager',
'SourceType',
'StatusCode', 'TargetType', 'TeleportFlags', 'TeleportLureFlags',
'TeleportStatu
s', 'TerraformAction', 'TerraformBrushSize', 'TerrainCompressor',
'TerrainManage
r', 'TerrainPatch', 'TextureAttributes', 'TextureDownloadCallback',
'TexturePipe
line', 'TextureRequestState', 'TransactionFlags', 'Transfer',
'TransferError', '
Tree', 'UDPBase', 'UDPPacketBuffer', 'UpdateType', 'VPElement',
'VisualParam', '
VisualParams', 'Voice', 'Vote', 'WrappedObject', 'XferDownload',
'binBVHJoint',
'binBVHJointKey']

also available in : http://pastebin.org/54229

as you can see it doesn't include the structures (UUID and others)
any ideas why and how can i use that UUID struct?

>   to see more about OpenMetaverse and UUID struct (under OpenMetaverse
>> namespace): http://lib.openmetaverse.org/docs/0.7/

Cheers,
Matan