[IronPython] How to convert a 'str' type to byteArray

matan keret matan504 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:41:54 CET 2009

Thank you all for your help!

i tried the buffer idea, but it gave me a 'buffer' type and not a byteArray.
so i tried Michael's idea, which gave me some error. but then I found this
post: http://www.smallshire.org.uk/sufficientlysmall/tag/ironpython/

I fixed the code to:
from System import Array, Byte
a = Array[Byte](tuple(Byte(ord(c)) for c in image))

which seems to work :-)

Like Tony said, Thanks a lot for the info!