[IronPython] ironpython compared to powershell

curtin@acm.org brian.curtin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:28:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 14:16, jocke khazad <khazad1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So pretty much, there is no real advantage of using python more then in a
> religious point of view?
>
> Can you code powershell to control/automatise linux servers for example? An
> advantage could be to work with a language that works on any platform.

Python/IronPython is a multi-paradigm programming language. Powershell is a
scripting language to work inside the Powershell command line shell. They
both serve their purpose, but there are innumerable advantages to using a
programming language like Python/IronPython depending on what you want to
do.

Controlling a Linux server is a very vague usage so I can't speak to that
specific topic, so this doesn't really answer much. As far as working on any
platform, IronPython works on Windows along with platforms which run Mono
(Linux included), which may suit you.