[IronPython] XBAP Partial Trust Failure

nixon nxnth at yahoo.com.cn
Mon May 4 03:43:28 CEST 2009

Hi, dear all,

When writing a WPF browser application (XBAP) and trying to create a scriptEngine using Python.CreateEngine(), I get the following error:

Type 'IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext' doesn't provide a suitable public constructor or its implementation is faulty: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

This is because IronPython doesnot adhere to the standard "Internet Zone" CAS permission by XBAP. A workaround is to evelate permission through setting the "Create and control application domains" of SecurityPermission. However, it requires further handling during Deployment, which is not convenient to the end users.

How can I recompile IronPython to make it adhere the standard "Internet Zone" CAS permission? I think this is also helpful to make IronPython popular in XBAP.

Thank you!

Best Regards
Nixon