[IronPython] try...finally in yield

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Sun Mar 29 04:39:23 CEST 2009

So I assume you're calling close() on the generator?  A try/finally around
the code in the generator can be used to catch the StopIteration exception
and force the dispose.  But even better, you could say "from __future__
import with_statement" at the top of your file and then say something like
this:

def parse(xml):
    with XmlReader.Create(xml) as xr
        while xr.Read():
            [...]

We automatically do the right thing when using "with" and IDisposable, so
"with" effectively becomes like a C# "using" block.