[IronPython] IronPython 2.0 RC 2 on Mono

Leo Carbajal desleo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:30:47 CET 2009

According to MoMA, there are over 40 red flags between the IPY dlls and the
DLR (Microsoft Scripting) dlls. One of them has 2 P\Invokes that it doesn't
like and the others are a mix of TODOs on the mono side, or
not-implementeds.

Another block (for me) is that Mono doesn't implement the following method:
 AppDomain AppDomain.CreateDomain (string, Evidence, AppDomainSetup,
PermissionSet, StrongName[])

Though for the latter I'm sure theres a long way to accomplish the same
thing. It seems moot anyway, since IPY2 will not run as-is yet. I'm sure it
will be better as Mono keeps on maturing.