[IronPython] Documentation

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:38:15 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:54, Echavarria Gregory, Maria Angelica <
m.echavarriagregory at umiami.edu> wrote:

> What to use for my GUI - very automatic please
>

> M. Angelica Echavarria-Gregory, M.Sc., E.I.
> Ph.D Candidate
> University of Miami
> Phone 305 284-3611

Although this is not "very automatic"...if you have Visual Studio, you can
just create your GUI in the designer, then copy the code from
YourForm.designer.cs into a YourForm.py file. Replace "this" with "self",
get rid of any existence of "new", convert any true or false values to True
or False, remove the semicolons (not required though), etc. A few
find-and-replaces turns C# code into working Python code :)

Michael's suggestion of creating a class library may be more up your alley.
His book does a great job of covering some GUI topics you may be interested
in.

Brian