[IronPython] Hosting, Adaptive Compilation, and Interpreted Mode

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:32:25 CEST 2009

I'm a little confused as to the various ways of configuring
IronPython's compilation behaviour. From what I gather, there should
be three possible settings: fully interpreted, adaptive compilation,
and fully compiled. It seems that the "AdaptiveCompilation" and
"Interpreted" settings can control these settings, but I'm not sure
how they interact. What combinations should I be using to acheive the
three options above? And what would be the result of setting both of
them to true?

- Jeff