[IronPython] Q:ASP.NET developing with IPY.Deploying on IIS or Apache?

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:15:01 CEST 2009

1. There is nothing special to make it work on IIS. Simply download
http://aspnet.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=17613 and
run the example which contains all the web.config you need.2. We have been
using it extensively for the past 2 years on production. The latest version
is stable. There's no need to wait for .Net 4.0
3. It works on IIS 6.0 and 7.0 on Windows 2003 32/64 bit and Windows 2008
32/64 bit.
4. Not sure about the apache scenario.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Bernd Viehmann <bernd.viehmann at gmx.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just finished reading the ASP.NET part in the book "IronPython in
> Action" which is excellent. I have played a little bit with it using Visual
> Studio and it ooks like IPY will make the job of developing ASP.NETwebsites much easier. But unfortunatly in the book is nothing about
> deploying the work to an IIS web-server. I think this should be fixed in the
> next version of the book, Micheal & Christian ;-) Even if it might be easy
> until now I am unable to get things running.
>
> So help me please:
>
> What must be done when taking the *.aspx.py productive? Can not find an
> config-tutorial in the web.
> Is IronPython stable enough to develop larger ASP.NET applications in
> Python? Is it recommended by Microsoft, or should we wait for .net 4.0?
> Can it be done on Server 2003 and what IIS version is needed?
> Can Apache on windows be used also with Mono? And Linux?
>
> A lot of questions, I know. So you don't have to answer all of them. I will
> be happy for every answer that comes :-)
>
> Regards
>
> Bernd (on the border between Germany and Netherlands)

nomadlife.org