[IronPython] How to capture a 'Carriage Return' in a windows form ?

Summer_Intern itssivaguru at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:32:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

Thanks for the Suggestion . I set the 'AcceptsReturn = True' for the
textbox.
But the problem I found is that its not able to recognize the 'Enter'key
press .

Here is the Code :

	def OnKeyPress(self,sender,args):
		print (args.KeyChar)
		if(args.KeyChar == Keys.Return):
			print 'Enter Key Pressed'

1) I tried args.KeyCode . It returned an exception
2) I tried if(args.KeyChar == Keys. Enter) , the if condition is not passing
when I press the Enter Key . Where as a new line is printed on the console.
3) Same behavior when I have if(args.KeyChar == Keys.Return):

I think its not able to understand the enum 'Keys'.
I also tried doing 'from System.Windows.Forms import Keys'. but still no
good .

Any idea whats missing or incorrect ?

Thanks !