[IronPython] Problem Running Compiled Ironpython APP .NET Issue

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Jul 8 18:10:15 CEST 2009

How have you confirmed that they successfully installed SP1? One easy way is
to give them ipy.exe to put into the same folder and have them try to run
it.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Bruce Bromberek
<bruce.bromberek at gmail.com>wrote:

> I do not have IronPython installed.  I'm just distributing the compiled app
> and dlls in the folder.  Script compiled using SharpDevelop 3.1
>

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Curt Hagenlocher <curt at hagenlocher.org>wrote:
>
>> When you run ipy.exe on these machines it starts up successfully, but when
>> you start your app you get the MissingMethodException for that DynamicMethod
>> constructor?
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Bruce Bromberek <
>> bruce.bromberek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm stuck.
>>>
>>> I have an Ironpython (2.0.0.0  .NET 2.0.50727.3082 according to ipy
>>> console screen )app that I have created and successfully run multiple
>>> machines under my control.
>>>
>>> I've given the compiled app to other users.  Half of the time it runs
>>> great, the other half it dies right away with a
>>> System.MissingMethodException :Method not found
>>> void.system.reflection.emit.dynamicmethod..ctor(....)  error message.
>>> When I googled that string I read a post that reminded me that Ironpython
>>> requires .Net2.0 SP1.
>>>
>>> I had the affected users upgrade their installs to .NET framework 3.5
>>> and the .NET 2.0 version is 2.0.50727.1433  (SP1 according to a table in
>>> Wikipedia)
>>>
>>> The die at launch is still occuring.
>>>
>>> Can anyone point in the right direction to solve this problem and/or tell
>>> me what is causing it.  In case it helps, I have listed the imports I'm
>>> using in the script in addition to standard 5 ironpython assemblies/dll
>>>
>>> import clr
>>> clr.AddReference('mscorlib')
>>> clr.AddReference('System')
>>> clr.AddReference('System.Data')
>>> clr.AddReference('System.Windows.Forms')
>>> clr.AddReference('System.Drawing')
>>>
>>> import sys
>>> import System
>>> import System.Data
>>> from System.IO import Directory, Path, File
>>> from System import DateTime
>>> from System.Windows.Forms import DialogResult, OpenFileDialog
>>> from System.Drawing import Size