[IronPython] os Module in programs compiled with pyc

Orestis Markou orestis at resolversystems.com
Fri Jan 16 11:19:29 CET 2009

The sys module is special as it's built-in, whereas os is just a python
module. Try importing other modules such as shutil or unittest to see if
the plain standard library works.

IronPython doesn't compile the standard library for you - it ships with
it as normal python source, when installed from the msi. I thought that
it would add its Lib to sys.path but I may be wrong. Try printing
sys.path and see if there is any indication of this.

Orestis