[IronPython] IronPython 2.1 Renamed to IronPython 2.6

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 15 17:51:41 CET 2009

Some of you may have noticed that IronPython bugs on CodePlex previously assigned to the "2.1" release are now assigned to "2.6".  We've simply renamed the 2.1 release of IronPython to 2.6 to reflect upon the fact that the next major release of IronPython will be largely compatible with CPython 2.6.  All details about IP 2.1 that were previously discussed on Harry Pierson's blog (see http://devhawk.net/2008/07/17/IronPython+Post+20+Roadmap.aspx) still apply to IP 2.6.  We're doing this simple name change to help eliminate confusion about IronPython's compatibility with various CPython and Jython releases.

David Fugate
Microsoft - IronPython
http://knowbody.livejournal.com<http://knowbody.livejournal.com/>