[IronPython] IP1.1.2 - Exception Catching

Davy Mitchell daftspaniel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:54:16 CET 2009

Hi List,
Sorry if this is a bit basic but has got me puzzled.

I am running a simple script to configure IIS using System.DirectoryServices
and it has been running well for months.
The whole thing is wrapped in a try i.e.

try:
except Exception, inst:
    ... # write to log file.

I've had a single execution (trying to reproduce) that caused the script to
stop mid-way thru but not record any exception. Now it could be the logging
failed somehow but I am wondering if 'except Exception, inst' is a suitable
catch all??

Thanks,
Davy Mitchell