[IronPython] Weird performance issue

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jan 9 00:38:14 CET 2009

Hi Dino,

This could be at the root of *several* of the really odd performance
issues we've been having with our IronPython 2 port. That is quite an
improvement and mirrors the kind of behaviour we see.

Can we get a patch against the 2.0 source code for your dictionary fix?

On the other hand, what do we lose by moving to the 2.1 branch?
Obviously this is less tested (in the wild) code, but we have pretty
comprehensive tests. 2.1 is also a bit of a Python 2.5 / 2.6 hybrid at
the moment I guess - are there any potential gotchas?

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog