[IronPython] Get a string from JavaScript to IronPython

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 7 00:22:01 CET 2009

Yep, I agree that's the right way to go about the actual Python side of the implementation of custom attributes.  Of course there's also:
	field support w/ custom attributes (which would presumably need a new descriptor)
	property support w/ CAs (and properties can't have arbitrary attached attributes, so maybe another new descriptor needs to be defined)
	event support?
	Etc...

The restrictions should be fairly minimal and also depend upon what the new underlying system type does.  For example for custom attributes it may be the case that there are no restrictions.  You can always re-assign the functions and have the methods defined which have the custom attributes on them dispatch through the PythonType to even allow the implementations to be replaced at runtime like you can normally.  For defining a concrete .NET type I would expect only that assigning to __class__ would be invalid.

Also, my expectation is that in the future when there's consensus on various helpers which use this new feature, and what features they should have, that we'll add the most important ones to the clr module as built-ins.