[IronPython] How do you run compiled scripts(dll) by C# host?

KATO Kanryu k.kanryu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 04:48:50 CEST 2009

How do you run compiled scripts(dll) by C# host?

Hitherto, I run IronPython scripts by my C# host with the following.
- Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptEngine
- Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptScope

I think we can use the implementation
IronPython.Runtime.Operations.PythonOps.InitializeModule() .
The code doesn't use Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.[ScriptScope] but
Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.[Scope] .
We can make instances of [Scope], but we cannot make ones of
[ScopeScope] directly.
Because both ScriptScope.ScriptScope() and ScriptScope.Scope are
defined 'internal'.

Comments?