[IronPython] Please, help to get started with .Net and IronPython.

Richard Hinerfeld rhinerfeld at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 21:57:38 CEST 2009

To extend IronPython 1.1 You need the source for IronPython and
Visual studio 5. To extend the new Version of IronPython you need a new version of
Visual studio. Also you can extend IronPython with C# which comes with the Visual studio environment. You can all this information from the IronPython Web site.
Please note:
You need to make sure that you are using WindowsXP with the latest service pack
and all the .NET upgrades. The requirements are listed in the IronPython documentation.
A good test for the correct development environment for building a given version of IronPython is to build a version of IronPython.
Please also note ;
If you are using a IronPython socket script to talk to a non-windows you will have a
problem. IronPython uses the "Char" type to talk and receive information. In C# a Char is defined as 16-bits not 8. You need to use 'byte' type or modify the IronPython socket.cs file to fix this problem.

Good Luck
Richard D. Hinerfeld