[IronPython] Please, help to get started with .Net and IronPython.

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:00:24 CEST 2009

Can IronPython be used in implementing an ActiveX component? This will be
the shortest path if possible. Otherwise one way to do it is to declare a C#
based interface, refactor the host application to use it and implement the
interface in IP.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/695986/how-do-you-implement-an-interface-in-ironpython

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:43 PM, William Reade
<william at resolversystems.com>wrote:

> I think he's rewriting a C++ component in IronPython, and wants to know how
> he can minimise the impact on the C# application which hosts it.
>
> Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
>
>> It's great that you want to improve your skills.  But I feel obliged to
>> point out that IronPython -- and CPython, for that matter -- are about
>> equally susceptible to memory leaks as C#.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Vladimir Eremeev <wl2776 at gmail.com<mailto:
>> wl2776 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>    Dody Gunawinata wrote:
>>    >
>>    > Can I ask the reason why you want to rewrite portion of this
>>    application
>>    > in
>>    > IronPython?
>>    >

>>    I am tired fighting with memory leaks, data type conversions, etc.
>>
>>    I don't like the C# language, its subjective. Just don't like.
>>    However, I
>>    have a basic understanding of it.
>>    And I want to improve my programming skills.
>>    --

nomadlife.org