[IronPython] Please, help to get started with .Net and IronPython.

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:44:51 CEST 2009

Hi all.
I am trying to get started in programming with .Net and IronPython.

I am involved in a project of developing a large application, written in C#.
I have joined the project when it was already evolved, and have begun from
extending other person's C++ code. This code implements an ActiveX
component, which the main C# application loads and uses.

This component represents a GUI form and some other processing
functionality, related to playing and editing video files.

Now I'd like to rewrite this form on IronPython, and extend the video
processing functionality with running the mencoder executable (from the
MPlayer project).

However, I'd like to avoid much changes in the interface from my project
part to the main C# application.

Please, advice, how I should start and what main concepts should be.

Another problem, which I have seen from my previous experiments with IPy is
that when I add the reference to my IPy assembly to a C# project in the MS
Visual Studio, my IPy functions get in the global namespace. I want to avoid
this too. I remember, I've asked about this already, but, unfortunately,
I've lost the reference.

Thanks in advance for the help.