[IronPython] Compiling with Pyc for Silverlight

Jb Evain jb at nurv.fr
Mon Apr 20 23:34:22 CEST 2009

Hey Michael,

On 4/20/09, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>  I guess a full IL writer would be needed - which means back to Cecil and
> the like and seeing if parts of them could be run on Silverlight. *sigh*

You just want to change the references to an assembly from the desktop
version to the SL version? With Cecil it's like:

var assembly = AssemblyFactory.GetAssembly (file);
foreach (var reference in assembly.MainModule.AssemblyReferences) {
	if (!IsTargetAssembly (reference))
		continue;

	reference.Version = new Version (2, 0, 5, 0);
}
AssemblyFactory.SaveAssembly (assembly, file);

Now it doesn't guarantee that the resulting assembly is coherent,
visibility wise, as you may have used methods that are not visible or
not existent in SL.

--
Jb Evain  <jb at nurv.fr>