[IronPython] **kwargs and __getattr__ handling in csharp functions and classes?

Alex News anleewxs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:32:23 CEST 2009

I would like to write some functions and classes in csharp that
interact nicely python.  I would like to write a function that can
respond to keyword arguments, and a class that can dynamically resolve
__getattr__.

For the function I tried creating a function that takes a
IronPython.Runtime.PythonDictionary, but did not work.  For a class I
tried creating a function that have a method __getattr__, but that
failed too.

I see there is a IronPython.Runtime.PythonFunction and some other
interesting classes in the Runtime, but it is not apparent exactly how
I could use them.

I can, luckily, fudge much of what I want to do by creating small
python classes and functions in python to proxy the values to
underlying csharp classes.  However thing would be cleaner if I could
do it directly in csharp.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alex