[IronPython] Problem with pickle.load of user defined classes created from cPython 2.5.

Vineet Jain (gmail) vinjvinj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:21:31 CEST 2009

I'm trying to load pickled user defined classes from iron python. The
pickled object was created using cpython 2.5 on an ubuntu box. I can load
them fine with cpython 2.5 on a windows box. However when I load them from
ironpython I get the following incomplete stack trace:

c:\trading\pytrade\modules\apiscripts\models>ipy test_pickle.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "test_pickle.py", line 20, in test_pickle.py

  File "test_pickle.py", line 13, in loadTrades

  File "c:\Program Files\IronPython 2.0.1\Lib\pickle.py", line 1370, in load

  File "c:\Program Files\IronPython 2.0.1\Lib\pickle.py", line 858, in load

KeyError: [

Any ideas on how I can go about debugging this? Is pickle.load  of user
defined classes from cPython supported?

Thanks,

Vineet