[IronPython] IPyb5 performance

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 29 18:51:10 CEST 2008

The default scope is the default for that particular piece of code.  What we do is generate a .NET type which has a bunch of static fields in it - 1 for each global that is accessed.  The compiled code then can access these directly and we wrap this all up in a Python dictionary object for late bound access.  When you run against a non-default scope we have to run against a piece of code which is compiled to lookup all the globals from a real dictionary.

It'll be interesting to hear what you find out what you can narrow it down to.