[IronPython] Operations.GetMember<x> in b5

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 18:30:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm noticing that GetMember cannot perform the casts it used to even
two weeks ago. Is there some other function I should be using or
something I should know about this? Tuples and lists of strings cannot
be cast to IEnumerable<String> anymore, python functions cannot be
cast to Func<...> or Action<...> delegates anymore. I got around the
strings case by wrapping the python list in List<str>(), which
indicates that internally IronPython has no difficulty converting to
IEnumerable<String> since that's what the List constructor takes.

Not really sure what to do about the function casts, what's the
recommended way to expose Python functions and methods to C#?
GetMember<Func<...>> seems to explode in too many ways now with the
delegate regressions for instance methods and now this.

-Dan