[IronPython] MerlinWeb

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 19 00:03:42 CEST 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 2:22 PM, "Michael Foord"
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Jimmy Schementi wrote:
>> It's the name of the integration of ASP.NET and DLR languages. It's
>> currently on http://asp.net/ironpython, so you can see what it does,
>> but that's more than a year old. An new version will be avaliable on
>> http://codeplex.com/aspnet shortly.
>
> Will the new version be for ASP.NET MVC only - or will IronPython for
> ASP.NET 'classic' be further developed?
>
> Michael

Both :) initially it'll just be the webforms support, with a prototype
of ironruby and mvc updated for the new bits. However, the aspnet team
will be working to get all the languages working in both asp.net and
mvc.

I'll update you all with any new news, but right not it's just about
getting those old bits updated to the new dlr bits.

>> ~Jimmy
>> Sent from my phone
>>
>> On Sep 18, 2008, at 1:38 PM, "Miha Valencic" <miha.valencic at gmail.com
>> <mailto:miha.valencic at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Guys, :)
>>>
>>> can anyone clarify what exactly is MerlinWeb, which is referenced in
>>> hosting spec? :) At first, I thought it is some "virtual" web server
>>> that is used to represent some user cases... now I'm not sure
>>> anymore.
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Miha
>>>
>>> ps: from the spec:
>>>
>>> MerlinWeb apps support an App_Script directory containing script
>>> files that any code can reference.  This is the logical equivalent
>>> of
>>> ASP.NET <http://ASP.NET>'s App_Code directory, but for dynamic
>>> script