[IronPython] unicode problem with vmware api

jean-marc pouchoulon jeanmarc.pouchoulon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:57:47 CEST 2008

Dino Viehland a écrit :
> .NET only has unicode strings as well so that's likely not the problem - it's really just a problem when dealing w/ pre-existing Python code not other .NET code.

ok
> Could something earlier be different?  You might be able to get some ideas by looking at diagMgr.BrowseDiagnosticLog.__doc__ if you haven't already.

nothing clear for me:

 >>>help(diagMgr.BrowseDiagnosticLog)
Help on builtin_function_or_method in module __builtin__

 |      <property# __doc__ on builtin_function_or_method>

 |  Data and other attributes defined here:

 |      __call__(...)
 |              x.__call__(...) <==> x(...)
 |      Property __doc__

 |              Get: str Documentation(self)

 |      __eq__(...)
 |              x.__eq__(y) <==> x==y
 |      __getitem__(...)
 |              object get_Item(self, object key)
 |      __init__(...)
 |              x.__init__(...) initializes x; see x.__class__.__doc__
for signature

 |              x.__init__(...) initializes x; see x.__class__.__doc__
for signature
 |      Property __name__

 |              Get: str Name(self)

 |      __new__(...)
 |              T.__new__(S, ...) -> a new object with type S, a subtype
of T
 |      Property __self__

 |              Get: object Self(self)

in Perl the code is slightly different
# get ServiceContent
my $content = Vim::get_service_content();
my $diagMgr = Vim::get_view(mo_ref => $content->diagnosticManager);
# Obtain the last line of the logfile by setting an arbitrarily large
# line number as the starting point
my $log = $diagMgr->BrowseDiagnosticLog(
    key => "hostd",
    start => "999999999");
my $lineEnd = $log->lineEnd;

thanks for your answers