[IronPython] Accessing classes defined in hosting c# application

Hannes Rahm inflyttningshest at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:32:33 CEST 2008

Hello people!

I am developing a small multiplayer game in c# (using xna for graphics).
On the server side I am doing a lot of the logic programming in IronPython.

I have gotten to the point where I want to inherit from my "Entity" class
defined in the hosting application source (c#) so I can specialize it for
different purposes in IronPython.
I do not know how to accomplish this.

I have temporarily solved this by having a python wrapper class around the
c# object (which I have to create using a CreateEntity() function in one of
the global objects I pass in from "outside"). Alternatively I can add a
public object ScriptingObject; that I can fill with what I want from python.
But both these solutions seem a tad bit inelegant.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Best regards
/Hannes