[IronPython] Re strict imports

Leo Carbajal desleo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:30:57 CEST 2008

So here's a strange wrinkle,

when I run this with the debugger (unmodified except for adding the
IronPython assemblies as full-trust on the domain) it works fine and as
expected. If I run it without the debugger attached it gives me the same
exception as before, when I catch the exception myself I also get this
tidbit:

The assembly or AppDomain that failed was:
Microsoft.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.4000, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
The Url of the assembly that failed was:
file:///B:/Code/IronPythonShell/IronPythonShell/bin/Debug/Microsoft.Scripting.DLL

If I build and compile the code as Release instead of Debug I get:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type
'System.Scripting.SourceUnit' in assembly 'Microsoft.Scripting.Core,
Version=1.0.0.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' is not
marked as serializable.
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntime.ExecuteFile(String path)
   at IronPythonShell.Program.Main(String[] args) in
B:\Code\IronPythonShell\IronPythonShell\Program.cs:line 54

It's a little beyond odd to me, but like I said before I fear I don't fully
understand what's going on behind the goo. The only consolation is that I
can at least built out my scripting system in working form and later run it
under a more trusted domain for production by simply removing the domain
from the Runtime.Create() constructor and then adding it later. (At least, I
hope this is the case)

---
Leo C.