[IronPython] Python Standard Library in IronPython

Kenneth Miller xkenneth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:53:23 CET 2008

All,

>> This is a good idea, and I actually planned to do this for path
>> manipulation
> some time ago, named "clipath" (analogy to "ntpath", "posixpath",
> etc.).
> Another obvious candidate is "clidom", reusing .NET's DOM classes.

How would these modules be structured, I'd simply just recreate what
we need out of the standard library using .NETs classes. So for
instance for os.path i'd literally write a new module. I've got the
pure python implementation of elementtree along PDIS-XPATH for xpath
operations. I've written a few modules here:

http://github.com/xkenneth/gpath/tree/master
http://github.com/xkenneth/gxml/tree/master

I'd like to proceed with this, so why don't we lay some plans out.

Regards,
Ken