[IronPython] Getting started with IronPython and Silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Oct 24 17:54:06 CEST 2008

Marty Nelson wrote:
> Michael -
>
> Is "IP in Action" written for IP 2.0?

Yes.

> How much is .Net integration and how much is python coding?

It is a mixture of both. The book aims to be as useful to .NET
programmers coming to Python as it is to Python programmers coming to .NET.

Chapter 2 is a Python tutorial.
Chapter 3 is an introduction to .NET interop including the basic .NET types
Chapters 4-6 are on structured IronPython programming - introducing more
Python concepts (like lambdas and properties) along with .NET libraries
like Windows Forms, System.Xml and so on

The rest of the book covers specific topics - testing, advanced Python,
tricky corners of .NET interop, Silverlight, databases, ASP.NET, WPF etc.

The final two chapters cover writing C# libraries for use from
IronPython and embedding IronPython in C#.

Michael