[IronPython] 2.1 Branch in Codeplex Sources

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Nov 1 21:58:48 CET 2008

Dino Viehland wrote:

> There will certainly be some 2.6 features. But we still haven’t quite
> figured out what “2.1” is yet. So if there’s a particular 2.6 feature,
> or if you’d just like us to see us do them all, let us know – same
> goes for other features, fixes, misc improvements, etc…

+1 for with statement available without future import
+1 for new syntax for exception handling
+1 for class decorators (+1000 for using them to provide attribute support)
+1 for hasattr not discarding all exceptions
+1 for being able to provide keyword arguments after *args
+1 for getter, setter and deleter on properties (damn useful)
+1 for __dir__ support

+lots for implementing ctypes (not really related but thought I would
throw it in)

Abstract Base Classes are nice, not sure if I'll use them for a while
though.

New string formatting can blow.

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/