[IronPython] deepcopy() in IRONPY

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 27 13:58:01 CET 2008

Bernd Viehmann wrote:
> Hi Curt,
>
> thanks, but I am not allowed to install FePy on the Production-Server.
> So I need a solution with pure IronPython ;-).

The CPython standard library, most of which works with IronPython, is
just a bunch of Python files - which you could justifiably argue are
part of your application. (The ones that work are pure Python - i.e.
pure IronPython.)

You cn just put them in a directory and then either point to that
directory with the IRONPYTHONPATH environment variable, or add
'sys.path.append(direcotry_name)' at the start of your application.

This will allow you to use modules like 'copy'.

Michael Foord
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com