[IronPython] JScript Absent from Dynamic Silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Mar 22 21:02:43 CET 2008

Michael Foord wrote:
> Jimmy Schementi wrote:
>
> [snip..]
>>> When I use Chiron to build apps that include the extended controls (!?)
>>> it fails because of the absence of the Microsoft.JScript.Runtime.dll.
>>> When I add this dll it succeeds but doesn't include the dll!
>>>

>> Creepy! The extended controls definitely shouldn't depend on Microsoft.JScript.Runtime.dll! Can you send me a repro of that? John(s), any idea what the hell is going on here?
>>

> I'm getting some more obscure oddness with Chiron - both under Windows
> and on the Mac. I'm not sure if it is reproducible though.

I wonder if Chiron tried to reference the JScript binaries because the
app directory had a '.js' file?

In either case I have completely failed to get Chiron to do 'the right
thing' with creating my 'xap'
files and ended up building them by hand.

The pattern I used was to have 'Chiron.exe' (with all the assemblies etc
that come from dynamicsilverlight.net which is the version I'm using) in
a bin subdirectory. I was using it on Windows Vista and added the bin
directory to the path. I would then invoke it in the following way:

    chiron /d:path/to/example/app /x:another/path/to/output

It would create 'xap' files, but not put the assemblies *or* a manifest
in them. I gave up trying to use it.

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord