[IronPython] 2.0B1 Hosting: Creating Python Types

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Mar 19 20:14:58 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Dino Viehland
<dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:

> CodeContext isn't actually internal but it's also not available to you via the
> hosting APIs.

Does this mean that we shouldn't be creating CodeContexts?  I'm using
the class "IronPython.Runtime.Operations.PythonTypeOps+TypeCaller" to
construct new objects from Python types.  This process requires a
CodeContext, which I'm currently building from scratch as needed.

(The same approach could be used with the PythonType
"IronPython.Runtime.Builtin.file" in order to build a Python file
object a little more efficiently.)

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org