[IronPython] Access to CLR System namespace when python is executed inside C#

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Mar 12 23:14:17 CET 2008

What's likely happening is that you're getting a different ScriptEnvironment than the one which "normal" script code is running under.  You could get the current runtime by:

Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.DynamicApplication.Current.Environment

And then use that because it'll already have System.dll loaded.  Alternately you can add the references yourself:

ScriptEnvironment.GetEnvironment().LoadAssembly(typeof(string).Assembly);    // mscorlib
ScriptEnvironment.GetEnvironment().LoadAssembly(typeof(System.Diagnostics.Debug).Assembly); // System.dll