[IronPython] Exporting Python code as an assembly (Curt Hagenlocher)

Suma Talya stalya at zeomega.com
Mon Mar 3 11:14:10 CET 2008

Hi,
I am having 2.0 alpha 8 of IronPython Binaries. I downloaded the wrapper
changes with comment "Fixed constructor to call __init__" version no.
7386
<http://www.codeplex.com/coils/SourceControl/DownloadSourceCode.aspx?changeSetId=7386>
from
http://www.codeplex.com/coils/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx
As soon as I create .dll file using MakeModule.py, I m renaming the py
file. Now from ironpython interpreter i m trying to import dll file and
create instance.
It is failing to create instance,

 >>> import clr
 >>> clr.AddReference('IronPythonDLL.dll')
 >>> import IronPythonDLL
 >>> IronPythonDLL.IronPythonClass
 <class 'IronPythonDLL.IronPythonClass'>
 >>> o=IronPythonDLL.IronPythonClass()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File IronPythonDLL, line unknown, in .ctor
  File IronPythonDLL, line unknown, in InitClass
  File , line unknown, in ##26
TypeError: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: scriptSource

Do we need to have py file also in the same directory along with dll?

Thanks,
-Suma.