[IronPython] events in PowerPoint

Julien Sylvestre jusylves at videotron.ca
Thu Jun 26 02:09:20 CEST 2008

I've sent the following this morning, but the message appeared all
scambled in the mailing list's archive (was testing a new mail client),
and I'm afraid it didn't make it in an intelligible manner to people on
the list. My most sincere apologies for cluttering your mailboxes.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The line
ppt.WindowSelectionChange += onWindowSelectionChange
doesn't work for me.

It looks like my ppt object (type __ComObject) doesn't have
the WindowSelectionChange attribute (see below for a dir on my ppt
object). I've looked at other objects in ppt (ActiveWindow,
ActiveWindow.Application, etc.), and I can't find WindowSelectionChange
(or any other event) anywhere by running recursive dir() on my ppt
object and its attributes.

I'm puzzled. My ppt object probably isn't the Application object to
which event handlers are attached (I'm ashamed to say that I'm not sure
what class my ppt object is instantiated from, or what's the type of its
attributes). Or maybe I need to do something particular to enable events?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Julien.

dir(ppt), where ppt = Marshal.GetActiveObject("PowerPoint.Application")
['Activate', 'Active', 'ActivePresentation', 'ActivePrinter',
'ActiveWindow', 'A
ddIns', 'AnswerWizard', 'Assistant', 'AutoCorrect',
'AutomationSecurity', 'Build
', 'COMAddIns', 'Caption', 'CommandBars', 'CreateObjRef', 'Creator',
'DefaultWeb
Options', 'Dialogs', 'DisplayAlerts', 'DisplayGridLines', 'Equals',
'FeatureInst
all', 'FileFind', 'FileSearch', 'Finalize', 'GetHashCode',
'GetLifetimeService',
 'GetOptionFlag', 'GetType', 'HWND', 'Height', 'Help',
'InitializeLifetimeServic
e', 'LanguageSettings', 'LaunchSpelling', 'Left', 'Marker',
'MemberwiseClone', '
MsoDebugOptions', 'Name', 'NewPresentation', 'OperatingSystem',
'Options', 'PPFi
leDialog', 'Path', 'Presentations', 'ProductCode', 'Quit', 'Run',
'SetOptionFlag
', 'SetPerfMarker', 'ShowStartupDialog', 'ShowWindowsInTaskbar',
'SlideShowWindo
ws', 'ToString', 'Top', 'VBE', 'Version', 'Visible', 'Width',
'WindowState', 'Wi
ndows', '__class__', '__doc__', '__init__', '__module__', '__new__',
'__reduce__
', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__']