[IronPython] ironpython and NUNIT

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Jun 25 18:00:52 CEST 2008

I haven't tried to use Alex's adapter, though it looks rather interesting.
The reason why the adapter is necessary is that frameworks like NUnit rely
on the ability to attach CLR attributes to your methods, something which we
can't do today for IronPython.

Have you considered using the native "unittest" library?  Granted, it
doesn't have "a nice GUI", but it works pretty well.  The module itself is
part of the standard CPython library, which we're not yet including with
IronPython so you'll have to download it yourself from python.org.  You can
see documentation for it at http://docs.python.org/lib/module-unittest.html.

One advantage of unittest.py is that it should work the same for IronPython
1.x and 2.x because it's implemented in pure Python and therefore not
dependent on the IronPython hosting APIs.