[IronPython] How do I set assembly information in IronPython?

joeymcjoejoe ckupec at mvlc.org
Sat Jun 14 23:17:17 CEST 2008

This is what I had in an old vb file that I long ago compiled into an exe:

Imports System
Imports System.IO
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Imports System.Reflection

<Assembly: AssemblyTitle("myProgram")>
<Assembly: AssemblyDescription("This console application blah, blah, etc.")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCompany("Globex")>
<Assembly: AssemblyProduct("myProgram")>
<Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")>

I've got the rest of the vb code translated into IronPython, and it works on
the machine I'm doing this on. I can create an executable from it using
pyc.py, and that works fine on this machine too,  but I can't get that
transferred exe file to work on another machine, I think because it doesn't
have valid Assembly info in it. So how does one do that? I wanted to make a
distributable exe out of the script so that the individual machines won't
have to install IronPython, Python 2.5, etc. The actual error I get on the
second machine is "error signature".

Doable?